Hi Warren,

On Mon, 04.07.2011 at 01:03:46 -1000, Warren Togami Jr. <wtog...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I heard others recommend unbound, but I haven't tried it yet.  Is it
> more RAM efficient than other alternatives, and fast?

I haven't specifically conducted tests about its memory efficiency, but
I do use it on several servers of mine, and of customers, too. It is an
ISP style DNS server, and subjectively runs quite fast. But I don't use
DNSSEC...

For us, unbound is the natural successor of dnscache, which was
excellent in its day, but (imho) doesn't seem to keep up with today's
growing wishlist of features (eg. IPv6 support), unless you're ready
for some serious hackery.

> I don't believe pdns-recursor is guilty of this particular complaint
> as it is ONLY a recursor?

Well, together with the auth server it creates an "ecosystem" with
some (limited) vendor lock-in capability.

Kind regards,
--Toni++