Hello Martin Gregorie,

> Is this a legitimate google group, i.e. one that wasn't set up as a spam
> target?

It doen not seeem to be...

> I ask because the genuine Google Groups I've seen have either
> USENET type names or (at least) human-comprehensible names while this
> one is pure obfuscated garbage.
>
> IOW, can junk groups be identified by a rule that looks at the structure
> of the group name?

It would be nice, if there could be an option for this kind of spam

> AFAIK you can be a member of a Google Group without having a Google
> account. Many of them map onto USENET so you can read them without ever
> going near Google.

But the second link in the INVITE message which should point to an Abuse
Form is working only, if you have an Google-Account to log in.  AND,  it
is required, that you write the Abuse Complain from the E-Mail which was
abused...

This mean, I have to create Google accounts for
    michelle.konzack
    linux4michelle
    bsd4michelle
nearly 200 others from my own enterprise (and 10 domains) like
    sammelbestellung
    verkauf
    sales
    einkauf
    support
    verwaltung
    abuse
    listmaster
    hostmaster
    webmaster

Yesterday I was at my Advocat because my GmbH and I have asked him about
this Spamcrap for HUGE Enterprises like Google...   He  is  definitively
willing to sue Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Live/Hotmal/MSN) in Germany.

It can not be, that I have to accept nearly 400.000 Spams every day from
them.  I have to pay for the traffic on my Mailservers...  and I am only
a VERY small ISP.  The estimated costs for spam are arround  12.000 Euro
per month and increasing, since I have to upgrade my servers  to  bigger
CPUs and more memory because spamassassin/clamav require it.   Currently
I get only 12-14 mio spams per day (it is the half of the middle of  the
last year), but the crap from China or Asia is currently nearly 90%.

> HTH
> Martin

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France            itsystems@tdnet
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)             Gewerbe Straße 3
50, rue de Soultz                 77694 Kehl/Germany
67100 Strasbourg/France           Tel: +49-177-9351947  mobil
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-176-86004575 office

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4miche...@jabber.ccc.de
ICQ    #328449886