> I think many people run with tag at 5.0 and discard at 10.0

I should have mentioned that we are running amavisd-new. I thought that was the
de facto way of integrating spamassassin into a mail gateway, but reading this
list reveals that most people probably doesn't do that. Makes me wonder if I am
doing the wrong thing?

Amavisd-new has further settings as to thresholds, and these are the ones I put
in as of today (after reading other peoples tips here, thank you everybody):

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -10;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5.2;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.2;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks mail)
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 7.4;  # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent

Does above scores make sense?

--
Lars