* David F. Skoll <d...@roaringpenguin.com>:
> > Claiming SA "ignores large sites" because it doesn't have a complex
> > CDB backend is ridiculous.
>
> I'm not at all claiming SA ignores large sites.  I'm claiming that people
> with *your* attitude ("Other 99.9% of user don't really care...") are
> ignoring large sites.

claiming this, claiming that ...

Having a cluster (of SA nodes) share a (Bayes) database is a performance
challenge for larger sites. The problem is not specific to SA or Bayes in
particular.

Using an asynchronous approach using different databases is interesting, but
as I understand the solution discussed addresses read performace. I am
interested in write performance. How far could you take it before PSQL topped
out? Any special hardware in use?

p@rick

--
state of mind ()

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666