On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:15:16 +0200
"Giampaolo Tomassoni" <giampa...@tomassoni.biz> wrote:

> > Except that in real life, the write transaction lasts much longer,
> What is it? 60ms? Granted. It is still a 1/100 of 6s.

No, write transactions are expensive because they (should) invoke
a fsync() system call.  On a system with several contending processes
and busy disks, that can take hundreds of milliseconds or more.
Again, I'm speaking from experience here.  I'm not just theorizing.

> Ok. Let me see where in the code you see the transaction is completed
> soon after the token scores are fetched.

I'm not familiar enough with the SpamAssassin code to go searching
(nor do I care since we use neither SQL nor SA for Bayes.)

I don't see any commits in the read path, however.  If MySQL
automatically opens a transaction whenever you do a SELECT,
then yes... that could be a problem.

Regards,

David.