On 7 Oct 2011 00:28:49 -0000
"John Levine" <jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

> >Does anyone blacklist based on SPF?

> Nobody with any interest in delivering the mail that their users want.
> The error rate is much, much too high.

It depends.  I very confidently blacklist mail from "roaringpenguin.com"
that fails to pass SPF.  That's my own domain, of course.

With somewhat less (but still pretty high) confidence, I block mail
from paypal.com and ebay.com if it fails SPF (including "softfail")

SPF is most effective when used judiciously for specific domains.  It's
pretty useless to make blanket SPF rules that cover unknown domains.

Regards,

David.