On 2011/10/13 01:17, Robert Schetterer wrote:
Am 13.10.2011 10:07, schrieb jdow:
On 2011/10/13 00:32, Robert Schetterer wrote:
Am 12.10.2011 21:49, schrieb jdow:
The idiots who run that one have put the Earthlink smtp servers into
their
list. So I am opting out of it. I don't want ALL my received mail
marked as
spam.

Damn fools.
{+_+}

earthlink.net net is a spam source since years ( not one of the worst )
the only thing what makes suprise that they got in rbls at present
but however, nothing in the world is perfect
also in case of rbl using, so its up to postmaster to get free from the
list, nothing what you should flame about, anyway whitelisting is
(should be ) possible ever, at your site and on other sites

Then why have I never received a spam that originated on Earthlink despite
having other email addresses that I use less often but nevertheless get
spam? I've seen a lot that claimed Earthlink that never got near the
Earthlink servers. But I've never seen spam from Earthlink or relayed
through Earthlink.<shrug>  I'm VERY frustrated over this because when
I tried zeroing the hostkarma BL score and, yes, restarting SpamAssassin,
the score remained at 3. That was with a .cf file 99_local.cf I created
to trump all other rules. It seems it didn't. That left me about ready
to eviscerate somebody if I could get hands on the responsible people.

It is VERY frustrating when faced with tools that do NOT work right,
you don't have the time for the nonsense, and assholes like the
sanctimonious cretin I replied to rather heatedly and apparently not
heatedly enough since his brain is impervious to thought to a degree
only seen in politicians and lawyers.

I think I managed to tame the freaking rule. Now to go back to admiring
the phishes supposedly from the Earthlink web mail administrator that
came through Russia.

{+_+}

i understand your frust, recently the servers from the biggest german
provider got in rbls , this has lead to a lot of work here
i personally would not use hostkarma or recommend it, and anyway
i use other stuff for antispam, but keep cool shit happens,
mail providing is daily work, youre right whitelisting should work
in spamassassin , if it doesnt show logs etc for support why it may
failed, cause i guess others get in trouble too, so the problem should
be solved public in a friendly way

What sent me over the top was the rule still getting a score of 3 when
I had superceded it with a score (one later in processing) of 0.001 and
had restarted spamassassin (well, spamd). That lit my candle.

{^_^}