Hi

Bit of an unusal question but ive been getting increasing questions of why spamassasin didnt classify an email as spam.

When I look at the mail its normally an opt-in mailing list of some kind and therefore spamassasin is correct in not classifying it as spam.

I have had numerous conversations with users explaining opt-in mailing lists are not spam - if you dont want it unsubscribe to it, however its getting so frequent now I was wondering if anyone had created a set of rules that would fire on the characteristics of mailling lists? e.g. unsubscribe links in the email, CANSPAM mentioned in body etc...

Then when someone complains ill enable the rules to stop them bothering me.

If not ill look at writing some myself, if anyone has suggestions on what to look for on opt-in lists please let me know.

Thanks

Paul