> > I've never seen spam larger than 3 MB.
>
> which is much bigger than the 256 kB limit in sa-learn that the OP is having a
> problem with.

Indeed, of course I agree the avg. spam size is much much lower.

But a lot of the "manual" spam, typically originating in asia where people send
out spam through Hotmail/gmail can be 1-3MB in size. Most of these are
electronics or textile oriented "business" offers.

And my problem remains, our setup is based on MailScanner (a daemon like
amavis-new) which doesn't use spamc/spamd so I'm unable to train my bayes on
these 1MB+ size spams, which is a problem.

So can I conclude that there's no real solution to this besides code change?

Should I open a bug about it?

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jonas Akrouh Larsen

TechBiz ApS