> 64-bit?
>>>
>>>   perl-Net-DNS-0.63-1.el5.rf
>>>

>>  You are in no man's land there - the distro uses
> perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5
>>  and the latest rpmforge package is perl-Net-DNS-0.66-1.el5.rfx.
>>
>>  If you're going to use rpmforge packages, keep them up to date
> (you'll
>>  need to enable the rpmforge-extras repo).
>
> Hrm, not sure how that could happen, since I don't have rpmforge disabled.
>
> How could yum not be seeing the newer package?
>
> cat /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo

Well, knowing there was a newer package out there, hopefully no matter
where yum looked for it, I took a chance and removed it:

rpm -e --nodeps perl-Net-DNS

Then when I asked yum about it again, it found the new one from the
CentOS repo, so I installed it... it also needed to install perl-Net-IP
which I didn't have.  So now I have

perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5.i386.rpm

Running sa-update on the command line doesn't produce errors, so
I guess that the cron won't either.

Hmmmm...  how did it get like that in the first place?  (and how'd you
know to check perl-Net-DNS?)