Martin Gregorie wrote:

>> On 21.03.12 23:00, Piotr Kloc wrote:
>>> I know that and I wanted to add some more score when there is no SPF record
>>> its possible to do this with Spamassassin ?
>>
> The only sensible use of SPF is to prevent backscatter. This seems to
> work well now that most domains are running SPF-aware MTAs.

what do you mean with backscatter here?

SPF usually is not part of the MTA but from any kind of milter/filter add-on

> I don't use SPF for spam detection and can't see any benefit from doing
> so.

ok but you can check if the sender is legitimate (obviously this no
criteria about spam yes|no)

may be you should look at SID , then together with it SPF makes much
more sense

of course I agree that the ~ statement in the SPF record is as good as
none, so no point at all

but it is up to you to configure your server as you wish, to accept a
not useful statement or interpret it as fail

IMO, who configures SPF with ~all is showing the bird to all ...

so I take "the bird action" also on my servers

if all would do so, SPF would be taken much more serious by the ~admins
and life could be a little better :)

Hans

--
XTrade Assessory