On 4/12/2012 3:17 AM, xTrade Assessory wrote:

> I'm still curious why you get over 20 sec scan times
>
> will you share your experience?
>
> I have several servers, and I find very few messages getting to 15
> seconds even on the most busiest machines, most are not going beyond 5,
> since numbers are better, I have 17msgs over 15 seconds but not passing
> 16.5 from 32400 processed msgs, daily average for last week for one of
> my midsize server

It all depends on the CPU, Memory, and what rules you are using.

My server (I am not the OP) is a 2.8GHz P4 with 1GB RAM.  I am using the
sought and khop rules as well as razor and DCC.  This server averages
15sec scan times (with Perl 5.8.5).

I could probably cut it down a bit with compiled rules, but one of the
mail accounts has some user rules that don't play well with the compiled
rules for some reason.

--
Bowie