On Sun, 2012-05-27 at 12:39 +0300, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 12:28, Jeremy Morton wrote:
> > I don't see what relevance the DNS servers I use on my my machine have
> > to do with querying dnswl.org - surely dnswl.org shouldn't even know if
> > I'm using Google's nameservers?
> >

> You ask Google. Google does not know. They ask dnswl.org's DNS. dnswl.org
> does not see You. They see only Google. And lots of them. They block
> Google.

Exactly - just like Spamhaus. The difference with Spamhaus is you will
usually get no A record back even for a blacklisted IP or domain.

I'm sure they are not the only blocklist to do it. It's all mostly
related to revenue protection & money, but hey - their blocklist, their
rules.

I must add that the Barracuda list works flawlessly through Google's
servers and is still the best list I've found.