On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:52:45 +0200
Frank Walter wrote:

> There is very few spam in the spam folder and then these mails have a
> very small Bayes score (e.g. 0.8). But there is more spam in the
> inbox.
>
> I thought, if I put a mail into the spam folder and after sa learned
> it, there would be no question that the Bayes score for this mail
> would be high, the mail would be detected as spam.

That's a false assumption. If you learn a spam and retest the exact same
spam it's very likely to hit BAYES_99, but that doesn't mean that
similar spams will be caught. Some types of spam are very resistant
to learning. Most ham is usually learned easily - check that most of it
is hitting BAYES_00.

> But it happens
> often that I get this kind of spam mail again.
>
> Are the settings I posted all right?

IIWY I'd increase the bayes_expiry_max_db_size to 500000 which is about
the maximum you can have without the expiry algorithm failing to find a
solution due to its hard-coded 256 day limit. If  801 is the total
spams from two years, that's about one a day; with a 64 day token
retention you are probably not retaining enough spammy tokens.

If a lot of spam isn't being caught, make sure you have network tests
running and the trusted and/or internal network is setup properly.