Today I got a piece of spam carrying the URL chasovik.it.gg as its
payload. I was intrigued because I didn't think .gg was a valid tld and
looked it up with 'whois'. Sure enough, no match was found. However,
'host' resolved it as 80.190.202.40 and a 'host' lookup on the IP
resolved to homepage-baukasten.de, which is known to 'whois'.

This is the first time I've seen this type of obfuscation. Has anybody
else seen it? If so is it at all common, and how can it be set up apart
from using some form of DNS poisoning exploit?

Martin