On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 13:35 +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Den 2012-07-12 09:33, Josef Karliak skrev:
>
> >   "v=spf1 +all".
>
> if i find a domain with just that i perm reject this domain in mta
> without spf testing

That sounds like a good idea. Can the SPF plugin recognise overly
permissive settings so they can trigger additional rules?

IOW it would be useful to be able to make a distinction between mail
from correctly listed MX servers in a domain, e.g. "v=spf1 MX -all" and
mail from a domain that is over permissive, e.g. "v=spf1 +all". My
understanding is that both of these will trigger the SPF_PASS rule,
which seems wrong.

I'd suggest that any SPF record containing '+all' and possibly '?all'
too, should trigger an SPF_PERMISSIVE rule rather than SPF_PASS so we
can distinguish an authorised server in a tightly controlled domain from
servers claiming to be part of a domain that doesn't give a damn.

Martin