On Sun, 2012-11-04 at 07:55 -0500, Joseph Acquisto wrote:
> > Why do these score 0 ?
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/U4zFu8wk
> > http://pastebin.com/MV9KbnbU

I ran the second one through my testing SA system: it got hits from
several blacklists together with hits on RDNS_NONE and
UNPARSEABLE_RELAY:

RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT,RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_PSBL,
RCVD_IN_RP_RNBL,RCVD_IN_XBL,RDNS_NONE,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY,URIBL_AB_SURBL,
URIBL_BLACK,URIBL_DBL_SPAM,URIBL_SBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL

though from the looks of it there's little else in its contents that
should trigger body rules.

Have you considered greylisting? When my ISP turned it on my mail stream
immediately changed from 80% spam to 95%+ ham.

> I had once asked about a rule that could specify a domain (to ban) in an htlm
> link in the message body.
> I don't recall this being entirely successful.

You can try using the setup I developed to deal with a spam-ridden
mailing list that linked to a forum - the forum is trivially easy for
spammers to dump junk into, so they do. However, building this type of
SA rule can be like playing wack-a-mole until you start to recognise
patterns in the URLs/domain names/product names/phrases used and begin
to use a combination of broadly-matching regexes and meta-rules to get
an acceptable FP rate.

This rule maintenance tool may help you to build and extend them:
http://www.libelle-systems.com/free/portmanteau/portmanteau.tgz

Martin