>> > Why do these score 0 ?
>> >
>> > http://pastebin.com/U4zFu8wk
>> > http://pastebin.com/MV9KbnbU
>>
> I ran the second one through my testing SA system: it got hits from
> several blacklists together with hits on RDNS_NONE and
> UNPARSEABLE_RELAY:

I have RDNS_NONE 0, and UNPARSEABLE_RELAY 2.  I understand 0 to mean "don't
test", but don't
get why it did not flag UNPARSEABLE_RELAY.

> RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT,RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_PSBL,
> RCVD_IN_RP_RNBL,RCVD_IN_XBL,RDNS_NONE,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY,URIBL_AB_SURBL,
> URIBL_BLACK,URIBL_DBL_SPAM,URIBL_SBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL

I'd love to use RBL but understand I can't, as the "last IP" is always the
same, as I fetch all mail
from a single POP.    Perhaps I am missing something?

> though from the looks of it there's little else in its contents that
> should trigger body rules.
>
> Have you considered greylisting? When my ISP turned it on my mail stream
> immediately changed from 80% spam to 95%+ ham.
>
>> I had once asked about a rule that could specify a domain (to ban) in an
> htlm link in the message body.
>> I don't recall this being entirely successful.
>>
> You can try using the setup I developed to deal with a spam-ridden
> mailing list that linked to a forum - the forum is trivially easy for
> spammers to dump junk into, so they do. However, building this type of
> SA rule can be like playing wack-a-mole until you start to recognise
> patterns in the URLs/domain names/product names/phrases used and begin
> to use a combination of broadly-matching regexes and meta-rules to get
> an acceptable FP rate.
>
> This rule maintenance tool may help you to build and extend them:
> http://www.libelle-systems.com/free/portmanteau/portmanteau.tgz

I'll give it a look.

> Martin

joe a.