On Tue, 7 May 2013, Robert Schetterer wrote:

Am 07.05.2013 20:15, schrieb lcon...@go2france.com:

Nearly all of the .pw domains have their authoritative NS at
dns*.registrar-servers.com.

that registrar and few others are always at the top of my reports for
NSs of sender domains of spam we reject.

Does anybody score a msg if its sender domain is DNS hosted by
registrar-servers.com or other?

what would that rule look like?

Len

found some older plugin here for registrars

http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/antispam/registrar_scoring/

Yes, but: use of that is very likely to be considered abusive by the whois system, and get your queries blacklisted. That was more exploration of an idea than something for production use.

For this particular case it would be better to write a DNS plugin that would do a DNS lookup for the domain nameservers and return that in a matchable form. Going via the registrar to get the nameservers incurs far too much overhead.

jhardin@davinci ~ $ dig +short ns FRESHTIMESFOR.PW
dns5.registrar-servers.com.
dns2.registrar-servers.com.
dns3.registrar-servers.com.
dns1.registrar-servers.com.
dns4.registrar-servers.com.
jhardin@davinci ~ $ dig +short ns neathotdealz.pw
dns2.registrar-servers.com.
dns5.registrar-servers.com.
dns1.registrar-servers.com.
dns4.registrar-servers.com.
dns3.registrar-servers.com.

in general i dont think that classify by dns server name is a good idea

Alone, no, it isn't. In concert with other things it may be very good. For example: sender/URI domain in .pw + sender/URI domain DNS provided by *.registrar-servers.com

  Watch... Wallet... Gun... Knee...                    -- Denny Crane
 Tomorrow: the 68th anniversary of VE day