On Saturday, November 09 2013, David B. Funk wrote:

> For Bayes to work it needs at least 200 examples of Ham (e-mail that
> you want) and 200 examples of Spam (e-mail that you don't want).
> It doesn't matter if the messages were correctly or not correctly
> classified by the rules-based SA engine, just what you consider
> Ham/Spam (IE correctly classified by -you-).
> In essence you are "teaching" the Bayes system how to recognize
> your preferences in e-mail classifying.
>
> So the messages you've kept in your INBOX should be good for Ham.

Nice, thanks both of you for the answers.

I am now feeding SA with ham from my INBOX, while I also feed it with
false-negatives (interestingly, I am receiving now *much* more spam than
I was a week ago...).

So, I now have yet another question.  I let auto_learn active for SA,
and now for every false-negative SA will learn that it is not spam,
although it is.  I'm now thinking that maybe auto_learn is not a good
idea, at least until I have a good enough Bayes database (strangely, SA
did not catch *any* spam in the last 48 hours...).  Can you confirm
this?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if I'm asking too much :-).

--
Sergio