On Sunday, November 10 2013, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> nham is the "Number of HAM" learned, in messages. Same for nspam. Keep
> training until both are at least 200 -- accuracy should improve
> dramatically after that.

I figured that out.

> Keep an eye on the X-Spam-Status header, autolearn bit.
>
> If that happens frequently for FNs, there's a problem somewhere. We'd
> need the X-Spam headers and preferably the full, raw message put up a
> pastebin for debugging. After some initial training.

For all messages that I received since I started using SA (about 20
messages, of which 5 were false-negatives, and the rest were
true-negatives), autolearn seems to be working OK, i.e., when messages
score below the threshold, autolearn works, and when messages score
above the threshold, I see "autolearn=no".

> There's one thing worrying in your comment: "whether false-negative or
> true-negative". You DO have spam also, right? I mean, classified spam is
> not just silently discarded without you ever seeing it? That would be
> really bad at this stage. Take it, verify it, learn it.

I do receive spam.  About 1 or 2 per day.  But so far SA hasn't been
able to catch any of them, and all spam I receive has been marked as ham
so far.  The message headers are OK, there is nothing apparently wrong
with SA, but it is just not catching most of my spam.  I assume this is
normal behavior since I just started using SA a few days ago.

For every spam message that I received, I analyze its headers, verify
that everything is OK with SA, and then feed it to sa-learn.

--
Sergio