On Mon, 19 May 2014, Kevin Miller wrote:

That's a bad thing to do. A caching name server is pretty easy to implement (all the distros that I've played with do it automatically just installing bind). Many (most?/all?) RBLs require a subscription (read money) if you exceed a certain number of queries. A public dns server can hammer them quite quickly, and thus get filtered out. A local caching server is definitely recommended. I've never read any posts suggesting reasons not to use one...

...just don't let world+dog on internet query it. It should only be visible to internal hosts.

  Maxim XXIX: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more.
  No less.
 718 days since the first successful private support mission to ISS (SpaceX)