On Wed, 21 May 2014 21:34:23 -0700
Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> I don't understand this setting, and reading the documentation doesn't
> help.
>
> It seems it sould make bayes learn spam whenever the total score
> surpasses the value of bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam, and not
> require 3 points from header and body each; that would make it a
> global setting similar in purpose to bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam.
>
> But in fact this is a per-test setting, a subcategory of tflags.  Do I
> have to specify it separately for every test?  Why?

The point is to set it for a small number of rules that are
sufficiently strong as to guarantee there will be no mislearning in
combination with the autolearn as spam threshold.

It's probably best to create a single metarule for this - something
that eliminates the possibility of mistraining through a lot
of overlapping rules. I do something similar to get more spam into my
high-scoring folder. I assign a lot of the near-certain spam rules
to different classes: BAYES, RBLs, URIBLs, relaycountry etc and then
count the number of classes.