Hi,

> This was a set of rules created by Mark back in 2011. Thanks for not
>
> > flaming me.
>
> Heh. ;)
>
> Sorry, but I kind of expect some due diligence, in particular by long
> time and experienced community members. Coming across blatantly obvious
> cases of local rules being complained about to misfire might make me
> snappy.
>
> Think about it this way: In order to help you, my first step is to find
> out details about those rules (grep stock cf files) and their respective
> score (your sample). You provided an exemplary, flawless sample. Why did
> you not have a look at the rules' sources?

It really was a temporary lapse. I'm now managing so much, and thought for
sure it was an SA rule since I didn't immediately recognize it. Also, my
local rules all begin with LOC_, or immediately recognizable KAM_ or AXB_.

> The rule itself was not that bad. Actually, as Kevin and Anthony pointed
> out, Yahoo even expressly states in their DMARC records you should never
> have genuinely received those messages, nor accepted them. Yahoo
> classifies it forged.
>
> It is the mass mailer's and its client's fault. (Back to the "cheap"
> part. Doing mass mailings but don't own your own domain? Accepting and
> actually using free-mailer address as sender? Even worse, failing to get
> the note about Yahoo DMARC policy in that business?)

Great points. I've found the rule's hit a very large amount of ham, even
some that's been whitelisted. Investigating a bit further, it appears to
hit quite a few messages that indeed pass through yahoo.com. I've included
one such example set of headers here:

http://pastebin.com/XiHpRbJb

However, it doesn't have the p=reject DKIM auth statement, so I don't yet
fully understand how it all works. It hit DKIM_SIGNED but not DKIM_VALID,
and in fact hit T_DKIM_INVALID.

Thanks,
Alex