I run a web server, and for many of my hosting customers, I'll forward
their email to other mail servers.  My own mail is stored on my server,
and spam has always been an annoyance, but some external mail servers
sometimes stop accepting mail from me, as it contains so much spam.

The problem is that email administration isn't my forte, and I've done
all that I can with my limited skill set, but massive amounts of spam
still get through and are forwarded.  This is a common message in my
maillog from gmail:
        Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail
originating from your IP address.

I'm using Postfix for mail.  I've done some research and implemented
several changes in my main.cf file with directives such as
        smtpd_recipient_restrictions
        smtpd_sender_restrictions
        smtpd_helo_restrictions
and the like.

None of it has made much of a dent.  With all this in place and
spamassassin, I still get 40-70 spams/day, so I can imagine how much is
being forwarded.  I'm running Spamassassin 3.3.2, and although that
isn't the very latest, I can't believe that an upgrade would make that
massive a difference.

So my question is - are there any trustworthy Linux administrators out
there that I could hire that could look over my setup and figure out
what I'm doing so wrong?

--pat--
--
Pat Traynor