On 10/6/2014 12:39 PM, Eric Cunningham wrote:
Hello, has anyone else experienced an HUGE uptick in the number of rejected legitimate emails following an sa-update run over this past weekend (possibly yesterday, Oct 5)? It looks like something caused our once-adequate-and-happy required_hits value of 7.0 to be way too restrictive suddenly blocking nearly every inbound email that wasn't previously whitelisted. For the moment, I've had to raise required_hits to 25.0 to quell the torrent of rejected emails. Any ideas, explanations or, more importantly, help to remedy this are appreciated. Thank you.
Did you see the RHS_URIBL_DOB issue?

Further, I would look at one specific email and find out why it got over the threshold. Repeat for a few emails until a pattern or a lack of pattern emerges.

Making systemic statements without any individual data points just leads to chicken little scenarios.

regards,
KAM