On 2014-10-15 10:16, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
On 10/15/2014 1:07 PM, Derek Harding wrote:
On 9/25/14, 2:00 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

I love it when people get all authoritarian on lists. I've used the list-unsubscribe address numerous times. Never once seen a response and the mail has never once stopped.

Process seems broken to me.
I've looked into this and tested the process without issue. The only issue I've seen to date is someone who joined who did not know what email address they joined as and does not know how to read the email source to determine the correct email address to unsubscribe.

I second this. I "tested" it a few months back when I unsubscribed and re-subscribed a new address from all of the mailing lists. This list worked fine. Most did.

There were a couple I encountered that didn't work, where the -request or -unsubscribe addresses weren't properly aliased, and I can confirm that all the ones I encountered are now fixed.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/