On 10/15/2014 6:20 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
On 10/15/2014 6:12 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
I'm certain KAM is right and here's why.
...snip...
IOW, uri rules depend on matching the terminal part of the domain name
with an entry in SA's built-in TLD list and my version, installed from
the Fedora repo, doesn't yet include .link.

I reverted my rules and test messages to test for the .link TLD and am
now waiting for a TLD list that contains .link to percolate through the
Fedora update process.

I think my confusion is that for many spam messages, the uri rule is working fine for the .link domain. After looking at some different spam emails, I think the difference is that if the .link is inside an 'HTML' spam, the url processing works. If it is a normal text spam email, the url processing does not work. That has been the source of my confusion and why I was thinking KAM was referring to a different issue.

So I am thinking that the HTML decoding part of SA doesn't use that built-in TLD list, but the test email processing does. That is the only way I can explain it what I am seeing.

I'd have to dig into it to find out more but there are different modules used for different tests so deviation in behavior is not something that alarms me. If you replace your RegistrarBoundaries.pm and it still has issues, please let us know. I am 99.9% sure I'm right.

regards,
KAM