This *AXB_XRCVD_8B8* rule seems excessively broad to me.  It seems it
could wrongly catch e-mail that was legitimately Amavis-scanned on its
way out by a server whose name just happened to be eight characters long.

I think a better rule would take advantage of other anomalies with these
fake header lines, such as the following:

  * There is an *extraneous semicolon* before the "for" clause.  There
    should be only one semicolon in a "Received:" line -- namely, the
    one just before the date/time stamp.

  * There is *no "from" clause*.  A valid "Received:" line from an
    amavisd-new scan will always have a "from" clause -- and further, I
    believe a valid "from" clause from amavisd-new will always reference
    "localhost".

  * The "Received:" line from a real amavisd-new scan *shouldn't be the
    first "Received:" line (time-wise) happens when a message is
    initially delivered to the local mail software; a genuine outbound
    amavisd-new scan will generate the chronologically *second*
    (physically second-to-last) "Received:" line.

  * The *port number is strange*.  While it is not absolutely mandatory
    for an amavisd-new installation to use port 10024, I believe it is
    pretty much unheard of for amavisd-new to be set up to listen on
    ports like 7693, 7686, 7684, or 17196.

Here is a sample rule which will detect the extraneous semicolon.

header BOGUS_RCVD_AMAVIS  Received =~
/\(amavisd-new,\s+port\s+\d+\).+;\s*for\b/
--
*Rich Wales*
Palo Alto, CA