On 01/28/2015 03:58 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
* third:  if you would be a smart upstream in case of a company admin
           asking for a change instead "write a patch" you could make
           a offer talking about money to include the change in the
           next upstream version - we sponsored changes and maintainance
           of projects like DBMail, Netatalk and others multiple times
           in the last years - just because instead pertly responses a
           friendly "i am not that much interested but i guess the amount
           of time will be xx hours for xx € per hour and so i am open"

I'm not a usable Perl programmer either but I put my cash where my mouth is and have $pon$ored several major features in SA.

Instead of complaining, ranting and/or being frustrated, it's way more productive to open a feature request in bugzilla and sweet talk one of the main devs to add your enhancement (if they consider it worthy) or get someone to code it for you so you can use it in your deployment/SA fork. I promise you, it works.

EOT