On 28.01.15 01:03, Reindl Harald wrote:
if understand you correctly we agree that there is no reason /var can't be mounted read-only?

I do not agree. The whole point of /var is to contain varying data and
mounting it read-only defeats the whole purpose of /var.

I see following possibilities for you:
- move BAYES to a database of any kind
- set up SA to learn to journal, and use overlayfs for the journal
  (rememer to set bayes_journal_max_size big enough),
  droping it or syncing periodically

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]