Am 16.03.2015 um 03:43 schrieb Dave Warren:
On 2015-03-15 17:26, Reindl Harald wrote:

On 2015-03-15 15:01, Reindl Harald wrote:
surely, only 5% of incoming spam attempts make it to spamassassin /
clamav here, but you need to keep in mind the amount of your regular
ham messages in your mailflow which unconditionally touch the content
scanners

Why would it? I'd hazard a guess that, on a percentage basis, I run less
ham though SpamAssassin than spam

than your MTA filters *before* SA just don't work or you have very few
legit mail at all

Not at all, I just have comprehensive, adaptive, user-learned
whitelisting that catch the vast majority of legitimate mail before it
hits SpamAssassin. By whitelisting known-good sources aggressively and
automatically, I can cut the false positive rate to near zero, allowing
me to filter more aggressively at later stages.

95% of any delivery attempt is blocked by a sensible
DNSBL/DNSWL/PTR/HELO check on the MTA level and never makes it to
milters at all

SpamAssassin need only be responsible for sorting through mail that
isn't already known to be good or bad, putting known-good mail through
SpamAssassin is wasteful

we are talking about milters and you can't bypass milters with postfix other than reject before but nor for whitelisting - period