On 30/04/15 09:56, Marieke Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Besides your awl problem, you have other problems.
>
>   0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
> blocked.
>                              See
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
>                               for more information.
>                              [URIs: world-plants.ru]
>
> You are blocked, This probably means you are using either public nameservers
> or do too much queries.  Running a dedicated nameserver on localhost
> (dnsmasq,bind,unbound,whatever) can solve this (and besides that, it speeds
> things up).
> If you fix this chances are you get scores high enough to compensate/correct
> AWL.
>
> In SpamAssassin 3.4.1 there is a TxRep module, maybe you'll find it
> interesting. It decayes the learned scores over time (and other neat stuff).
> You can migrate existing AWL data to TxRep. (make sure to backup it first so
> you can go back).

Thanks Marieke,

I have the mail server and a separate name server set up in a DMZ. The name
server already runs as a
caching nameserver but does forwarding to our ISP. I'm not sure how the
non-caching works to
eliminate this problem. Is it correct that currently, because I'm forwarding,
the DNSBL query is
denied because the DNSBL server thinks I'm the ISP making a query? Sorry, I'm
not understanding the
mechanism.

If bind is going to forward lookups for DNSBL servers to a null list, will the
cache have a record
to look up at all?

e.g.
/* Disable forwarding for DNSBL queries */
zone "multi.uribl.com" { type forward; forward first; forwarders {}; };
zone "dnsbl.sorbs.net" { type forward; forward first; forwarders {}; };

Does this rely on the caching namesever having already looked up and cached the
DNSBL servers?

BTW, I do have rbldnsd set up on the caching nameserver in my DMZ. Is that
useful in any way to
resolve this issue?