Am 30.04.2015 um 07:16 schrieb Tom Robinson:
On 30/04/15 15:09, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 30.04.2015 um 04:10 schrieb Tom Robinson:
Is it correct that currently, because I'm forwarding, the DNSBL query is
denied because the DNSBL server thinks I'm the ISP making a query? Sorry, I'm
not understanding the
mechanism

it is the ISP making the query for you and thousands of other of his customers
- you are making
50000 queries, your left and right meighbour too - oops 1500000 queries from
your ISP's nameserver
which exceeds teh limit for a single IP

there is no "mechanism" - when you don't make your queries at your own the
forwarder does and the
rest is trivial math

Got it. Thanks Reindl.

BTW, where can I see the results of my configuration changes? It would be nice
to confirm that my
changes have rectified the situation

when there is no "forward" in your config it does recursion - or in other words: named before it get crippeled down to a forwarder does recursion and caching out of the box