On 2015-07-16 04:53, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

You might find the regression_tests.cf in the trunk rules/ dir
interesting.  It's a way of giving strings you want to hit/not-hit on
rules and see if it properly hits/doesn't hit as you expect.

I also use mutt and a few macros such as one that run spamassassin -t
2>&1 with a prompt for a keyword.  Helpful for debugging.

Thank Kevin. I really appreciate your sharing. I will check these out today. I've used regex for years but I'm relatively new to SA rules.

I did see something interesting this morning. I pasted KAM.cf in to satester figuring it might overload my script but it worked. However any sample text I type triggers these two rules of yours.

header __KAM_NOTINMYNETWORK1 X-No-Relay =~ /./i
header __KAM_MULTIPLE_FROM From =~ /^./

I think I get the first one (if anything exists in X-No-Relay) but I'll have to look deeper to understand why you would trigger on any From address. Anyway I'm having fun, learning a lot, and doing my customers a lot of good by developing rules. Thanks again for your tips and help.

Allen Marsalis
am -at- satest.com