Am 31.07.2015 um 16:37 schrieb RW:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:36:21 +0200
Christian Jaeger wrote:

On July 30, 2015 2:40:35 AM CEST, RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
The plugin is on by default and  use_hashcash defaults to 1, but you
need to set hashcash_accept to an appropriate value

That's disappointing. For me that barely counts as "on by default". I
was thinking that implementing hashcash would help get my mail
delivered to at least the spamassassin users, but this means that no,
only to the subset that cares about configuring it.

Does SA not know which address(es) an email is being delivered to? If
it knows (knew), it could just compare those addresses, no? (E.g.
qmail sets various environment variables, e.g. RECIPIENT, when
running filters, can't SA use this? I'm using QPSMTPD, I suppose
spamc could be modified to pass recipients, too?)

SA usually gets envelope information from headers. Since there are
several headers that could contain the envelope recipient, it would
need to be configured, so still wouldn't work by default

really?

wonder how the SPF tests which need the envelope
by defintion would work than? i guess because the
heuristics mentioned below

the same for

FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT
HK_RANDOM_ENVFROM

which all works out of the box

https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

envelope_sender_header Name-Of-Header

SpamAssassin will attempt to discover the address used in the 'MAIL FROM:' phase of the SMTP transaction that delivered this message, if this data has been made available by the SMTP server. This is used in the EnvelopeFrom pseudo-header, and for various rules such as SPF checking.

By default, various MTAs will use different headers, such as the following:

        X-Envelope-From
        Envelope-Sender
        X-Sender
        Return-Path

SpamAssassin will attempt to use these, if some heuristics (such as the header placement in the message, or the absence of fetchmail signatures) appear to indicate that they are safe to use. However, it may choose the wrong headers in some mailserver configurations. (More discussion of this can be found in bug 2142 and bug 4747 in the SpamAssassin BugZilla.)