Christian Jaeger wrote:
> On July 31, 2015 9:13:03 PM CEST, RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 31 Jul 2015 17:57:28 +0200
>> Christian Jaeger wrote:

>> would
>>>
>>> That's why I mentioned RECIPIENT. The MTA knows where it's going to,
>>> the information just needs to be passed on to SA.
>>
>> You're making some assumptions about how SA is being used.
>
> When does RECIPIENT break? man qmail-command says that "RECIPIENT is the
> envelope recipient address". Shouldn't this be the unchanged To/Cc/BCC
> address that the mail is currently being delivered to, assuming no forwarding
> was done?

First of all, not everyone uses qmail.

Exim and Postfix can call SA directly in certain configurations.  Exim,
Postfix, and sendmail can all use Mailscanner or Amavis IIRC.  Postfix
and sendmail can use milters like MIMEDefang or spamass-milter.

Most of these configurations plug SA into the mail system at a point
where one message may have many recipients who may have different filter
policies as expressed in the SpamAssassin configuration.  There *is* no
"The" recipient.

-kgd