On 8/25/2015 7:51 AM, RW wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:55:57 +0200
Tom Hendrikx wrote:

Basically every MUA I know will label the message as a possible scam
when you use the BAD version, which why you actually never see it in
non-spam mail, unless the editor was a real noob.
That applies to spam too.

Would this really have a significant effect on modern phishes?
It still works against a lot of people, even those who know what to look for. It's easy to get complacent and click a link without checking it first when you go through a hundred emails a day.

There's a lot of reasons to have such a rule and lots of reasons to not have it. Without any data, I would lean towards not having it, because there's usually a better pattern to match on.

But we can have data! Put the rule in a sandbox and see what RuleQA thinks of its stats.