Hey Reindl,

if you are trying to insult people at all costs, you should read and understand their posts in full before doing so at least, to not look like a jackass additional to an impolite person.

What I wrote is:

>> ... but created the exemptions as listed at the very bottom of that
>> site, to make sure my bind don't forward requests on these services
>> to my ISP's DNS ...

> and *no* the ISP nameserver is *not* a lot faster in most cases

Also, you shouldn't make assumptions without measuring something:

1. without forwarding:

;; Query time: 543 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)

2. with forwarding to my ISP's servers:

;; Query time: 2 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)

That's 271 times faster than root-servers's lookup.

Marc