Forwarding email loses a great deal of sender information and thus harms spam
mitigation, but getting users to never do it will be difficult. There are too
many things that require you to have (for example) a Google account with
automatic GMail address that seems to leak out despite attempts to prevent it.

DKIM and SPF are both valuable tools in our arsenal, and SPF fail isn't enough
to reject mail.

--Jered