On 10/20/2015 9:29 AM, Ryan Coleman wrote:
On Oct 20, 2015, at 8:21 AM, RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:14:42 +0300
Jari Fredriksson wrote:

On 10/20/2015 12:41 AM, Ryan Coleman wrote:
Actually it makes absolute sense since I dump my spam into a folder
to be scanned as spam and anything that is still in my inbox, and
read, is indeed ham.

I just have to re-investigate the ./new and ./cur folders to make
sure they will operate how I want. But if the email was delivered
to my phone and it moves (but not read) then it?s not an option.
cur and new folders work as supposed when the IMAP server is Courier,
but NOT when you use Dovecot.
How does it not work as expected?
I haven’t seen anything appear in the “new” folder, to be honest.

On my server (Courier), messages are in the "new" folder until I look at the folder in my client. At that point, they are moved to the "cur" folder. This doesn't mean that they have been read, just that I have seen the list of messages.

To find read messages in a maildir, look for filenames ending in "S" in the "cur" directory.

--
Bowie