On Tue, 24 Nov 2015, Reindl Harald wrote:

i would suggest when the Received header for the *first* untrusted hop

Just so we're clear on first vs. last: the host that submitted the mail to the most-remote MTA whose headers you trust.

don't contain a reverse dns information *and only then* do that lookup directly in SA if network tests are enabled

This seems to me a reasonable approach. There's no need to check RDNS on hops prior to the final untrusted hop (chronologically speaking).

  To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
  To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the
  civilized, merely the domesticated.                -- Trefor Thomas