Hi,

>>If I wanted to use SPF in spamassassin to block spoofing attempts
>>against my domain, how would I do that?
>
> Simply put all approved mail servers that you allow to send email with an
> envelope-from domain of your domain in your SPF record and it won't
> matter what the receiving server is.  It can be your server, my server, or
> any SA will hit SPF_PASS.  Then if any other server tries to send with an
> envelope-from of your domain, your SA and others will hit SPF_FAIL.

The problem is that SPF_FAIL has a very low score. I need to make sure
spoofing attempts using my domain are always blocked.

>>Can I create a meta that combines SPF_FAIL with the From header for my
>>domain to do this?
>
> Yes you can but you don't have to.  You should setup scoring and train
> your bayes database so all SPF_FAIL will be blocked equally.  You don't
> have to do any thing special for your own domain spoofing.  Focus on
> getting all domain spoofing detected properly and yours will automatically
> be included.

More specifically, we're being hit by spear-phishing attacks, where
there really are no other rules that hit.

I realize this is only going to get the lazy spammer that actually
tries to spoof the envelope-sender, but that seems to be quite a few
of them.

Thanks so much.
Alex