On 03/03/16 13:15, Dianne Skoll wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:03:44 -0800
Marc Perkel <supp...@junkemailfilter.com> wrote:

Thanks for the response. I'm in the spam filtering business and I'm
wondering what I can use (from the command line?) to detect if a PDF
has any kind of script attached that would be executable. that way I
might block based on what's embedded in a PDF.
There are tools.  Google is your friend.

However, many legitimate PDF files contain Javascript snippets.  Blocking
solely on that basis will lead to many FPs.

Regards,

Dianne.

In that case I'd like to know if there's java in it so that if the message has other risk flags I can block it.

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support
supp...@junkemailfilter.com