On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:08:46 +0100
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> >On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 17:59:33 +0100
> >Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> >> I wouldn't say so, at least on my system.
> >>
> >> % zcat /var/log/mail*.gz | cat - /var/log/mail /var/log/mail.1 |
> >> grep RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO | grep -c FSL_HELO_BARE_IP 5
> >> % zcat /var/log/mail*.gz | cat - /var/log/mail /var/log/mail.1 |
> >> grep RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO | grep -vc FSL_HELO_BARE_IP 36
>
> On 03.03.16 17:53, RW wrote:
> >That probably because in mailing lists you can have RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO
> >on its own.
>

> >What do you get the other way around? FSL_HELO_BARE_IP without
> >RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO.
>
> Ok, filtered a bit more
>   1x FSL_HELO_BARE_IP (also hit RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO)
> 14x RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO
>
> that doesn't tell much about proper score, but they don't overlap ;-)

What I meant was that everything that hits FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_* hits
RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO and so when considering the relative scores
assigned for deep and last-external you need to you need to take
account of the score generated for RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO.  That is
consistent with your one FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_* hit.

I get complete overlap, presumably, because I don't run mailing lists
through SpamAssassin (FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2 has an exclusion for mailing
lists). I didn't anticipate that they would be such a big source of
RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO hits.

Perhaps there is a place for RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO to score the deep hits
that are excluded from FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2. OTOH it may be that the
optimization is ill-conditioned.

I think it might better all round to replace RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO with

meta    FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_3      __FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2 && !ALL_TRUSTED &&
!FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_1 && !FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2