On Tuesday 31 May 2016 at 17:02:26, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 31.05.2016 um 16:59 schrieb Antony Stone:
> >
> > I had read SA documentation such as
> > https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/sa-learn.html

> that's all based on opinions - the only question is the quality of
> training and i don't base my decisions and what i say on some opionions
> on a website but a ton of accounts on both involved copmanies sharing
> bayes database for inbound and outgoing mail

That's fair enough, but I think someone just starting out with SA, or doing a
research project, or simply not handling the large quantity of email that you
do (and able to put in the effort of hand-tuning which you appear to do as
well) has to get their starting point from somewhere, and the official project
website is something most people would regard as "good advice".

> well, with the defaults of auto-learning that opinions maybe are true

In which case maybe it's useful for the original poster after all.

Antony.

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.