>> Site-wide bayes files are owned
>> by spamd. Regarding the daemon, it is started with
>> --socketowner=spamd and socketpath=spamd. Is this enough, or
>> should it be actually started with "su" as "spamd" user?

On 17.06.16 14:49, RW wrote:
If you start it as root with the -u spamd (or --username) it will drop
privileges to spamd. Starting it as root allows it to bind to a low
port should you need that.

it also allows spamd to use different system user's preferences and bayes
DBs. Since the bayes DB is site-wide, root is apparently not needed.