Hi, guys

Thanks a lot for replies!! First of all, sorry for long mail! Let me try to
detail a bit, as this has been confusing for us to understand.

Can you detail when you say to check util_rb_2tld and  util_rb_3tld
directives? I have to manually add all 2tld manually in this file...?

Sorry we have very little SA experience. But this is basically about a
Brazilian DNSBL (www.spfbl.net, currently site only in Portuguese but they
promise one in English) that has helped many systems in Brazil to catch a
lot of spam other DNSBLs and SA doesn't catch.

They list IPs as other DNSBL, but also started testing to add URIs. So we
adapted the check_uridnsbl check and look for result code 127.0.0.1.

Subdomains would be nice to be supported, as its a way we have to block
spams that are spamvertised, when we cant block the IP since its some mailer
company that also sends legit mails. So we try to find a URL that we can
block. Sometimes, many times, its a subdomain. For example, a company that
sends email marketing called sendmarketing.com might have a customer that
sends spam and there are URLs in body of email such as
spammer123.domain.com.sendmarketing.com...

What is strange is, testing the rule just like the one I posted, but
checking the Brasilian DNSBL, it does work, but sometimes strange things
happen or it doesnt catch subdomains, but sometimes it does.

some examples, testing on a qmail and also on an icewarp mail server.

1) conteudo.nibo.com.br in a URL of a spam body.

It does not catch it, but its blacklisted in the DNSBL.

2) A certain legit email has this in the body:

https://cdn-lojaglobo.s3.amazonaws.com/emailmarketing

It causes a false positive, since it considers amazonaws.com (which for some
reason is listed on the DNSBL blacklist), but what we want to block is the
subdomain only, not the domain...

I have some DNS logging that should a hit to amazonaws.com, it splits the
request, see:

SYSTEM          [28BC] 11:08:43     multirequest (2)-> res=1, 15 ms
                                        amazonaws.com.dnsbl.spfbl.net(A)->
res=1, responsecode=0, ancount=1, length=100, cache=0
                                        com.br.dnsbl.spfbl.net(A)-> res=1,
responsecode=3, ancount=0, length=76, cache=1

respondecode=0 means a hit.

3) A certain legit email has this in body

It hits. But strangely, it checked cloudflare.p on the DNSBL (which is
listed there). But we want it to check entire URLs (so cloudfare.pw) and not
part of it.

SYSTEM          [0D74] 09:40:16     multirequest (2)-> res=1, 202 ms
                                        cloudflare.p.dnsbl.spfbl.net(A)->
res=1, responsecode=0, ancount=1, length=99, cache=0
                                        org.br.dnsbl.spfbl.net(A)-> res=1,
responsecode=3, ancount=0, length=76, cache=0

this is not even a subdomain case, just strange suffix. but strange it
considers cloudflare.p instead of .pw as we wanted it to (as thats what the
URL is...)

4) What is strange is many times it works fine even with subdomains.

example, this URL is listed in the DNSBL.

http://d-click.contato.emktpme.com.br

and it does detect it just fine, even being a subdomain. Why? Because
"click" (regex) is defined in that file 20_aux_tlds.cf you guys mentioned?

All we wanted is to be able to consistantly check a full URI, not just base
domain.

I saw someone suggesting that for URIBL PH list also, for similar reason,
sometimes you cant block a root domain, but you can block a subdomain...

Thanks a lot!
Rob