> I now realize you asked about SOUGHT while I gave you a bit of SARE
> history .
>
> SOUGHT rules were created by Justin Mason, SA's chief dev/inventor for
> many years.
>
> They were also independent from the Apache SpamAssassin project and when
> he moved on to a new job area, he opted to shutdown the system.
> It was not a simple setup or cheap to run.
>
> Many of us learnt a lot from this rule generation method and thankfully
> the basic code is in SA's SVN for ppl to glue their own rule generators.

If found something at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/masses/rule-dev/sought

> I run such a rule generator at $dayjob but it's far from being portable.
> For me it was a very steep learning curve.. :)
> (Thanks JM for helping out, back then)
>
> Axb

Thanks for the info. So generating your own Sought rules can still be
effective. I guess the hardest part is probably the ham/spam corpus you
need for it.

Does your version run unattented or do you need to review your generated
rules?