On Fri, 2016-09-23 at 21:25 +0200, Axb wrote:
> On 09/23/2016 09:11 PM, RW wrote:
> >
> > Whatever the right and wrongs of this I think the term recursive is
> > best avoided in this list. "Non-forwarding" is a lot clearer IMO.
> Can we agree to:
> "servers running SA should use a local non forwarding resolver".
>
> That should rule out dnsmasq.

Huh? So what's the problem with "recursion"? That's the name of the
boolean configuration option in bind9. It's about as descriptive and
clear a word as it can be.

options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";
        recursion yes;
        allow-query { goodclients; };
        etc ....

};
--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services |  to solve it." - Albert Einstein